#WeGoAgain - A look at the numinous beauty of 13/14 to welcome 14/15
[5/10] 28th January, 2014 (H) Everton FC
There’s no derby like a Merseyside derby, and the best sort is when Liverpool win it 4-0 at Anfield. It was Liverpool’s biggest win against Everton since 1982, and my god what a display from our lads.
Things to mention from the Merseyside clash:
- Captain Fantastic scoring the opener against Everton. It’s always a little bit more special when it’s him against Everton
- Sturridge scoring twice on his first game back from injury and within the span of two minutes
- Jagielka’s mistake letting Suarez run half the field and scoring. Thank you Phil.
- Goal celebrations that made our hearts flutter and our new phone screens Red
- Liverpool had 39% possession during the game
- Sturridge’s chip that made our eyes pop and that time Toure did something right with a 55 yard pass
- Sterling proving that he is indeed a cheetah.
- The evertonians throwing a coin at Suarez and him answering through a sublime corner kick that resulted in a goal
- Sturridge trying really hard to get a hattrick and Suarez being absolutely pissed about it
It was a beautiful day all in all as we powered through their defenses and made a statement win. Romelu Lukaku was unfortunately injured by one of their own teammates and had to be carried off the pitch. Team spirit was at an all time high, and the atmosphere was electric.